At our school we use the Accelerated Reader and Star Reader programmes to access and promote our pupils’ reading development.
As part of the programme each child will be assessed and an appropriate range of books to choose from will be assigned. After the children read their book they undertake an online quiz to assess their understanding of the text.
We endorse the programme with lots of rewards and recognition for the children working towards and achieving their reading targets.
The programme provides our staff and parents with data along the way that allows us to carefully monitor the progress and development of each child. We are very proud within our school community to acknowledge how hard our pupils work with their reading and take great satisfaction from how many of them choose to “read for pleasure”, a skill that will serve them well throughout their lives.
As part of the Accelerated Reader programme parents can opt to have alerts forwarded to them when quizzes are completed……keeping them up date to with their child’s progress on the day it happens!
Get in touch with our school librarian for details (lINK) and guidelines for parents on how to best use Accelerated Reader
- Please visit the following website for an introduction to
- Accelerated Reader (AR)
- Click on Accelerated Reader
- Click on AR for Primary Schools
- Choose from three options to find out more including;
- supporting your child when reading together,
- looking at how quizzes are set and
- how the data collected guides your child’s reading journey