Our approach to reading
Create a school environment where reading is the breathing in, and writing is the breathing out.
“Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.”Edmund Burke
We are a reading school:
We want every child to:
- Have the skills to pick up and read any book they choose;
- develop knowledge of themselves and the world in which they live through reading;
- establish an appreciation and love of reading;
- gain knowledge across the curriculum and
- develop the self-awareness to understand the kind of reader they are.